Madhya Pradesh Pre Engineering Test commonly known as MP-PET is conducted by Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board, Bhopal for admission to nearly 159 institutes in Madhya Pradesh offering following given courses-
• B.E. course in engineering colleges declared autonomous by the State Government Aided Engineering colleges, Self-Financing, Autonomous colleges, Private colleges and outside state colleges.
• B. Pharmacy, D.Pharmacy in Pharmacy colleges declared autonomous by the State Government Aided and Private colleges.
• B.Sc. (Agriculture.), B.Sc. (Horticulture), B.Sc. (Forestry), B.Sc. (Agr. Engineer), B.Sc. (Agr. and Entrepreneurship) in Agricultural Engineering of the state of M.P.
MP PET Eligibility
Candidates should have passed or appeared for the following examinations with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects.
• 12th Class Examination of 10+2 scheme of Higher Secondary Board, Madhya Pradesh.
• Any equivalent or higher examination conducted by a recognized Board or a recognized university.
• Those who have passed final year Diploma in any Engineering branch of Madhya Pradesh Board of Technical Education, Bhopal/Rajiv Gandhi Technical University, Bhopal.
The applicant should not be more than 21 years (relaxed for 3 years in case of SC/ST) of age on 1st October of the year in which he/she seeks admission.
Other Eligibility Conditions (Domicile requirement, etc.) for taking MP-PET Exam
1. The candidate is a Citizen of India
2. The candidate has been educated in an educational institution located in M.P. for at least three consecutive years during the five year period from the year of examination
3. The candidate is a bona fide resident of Madhya Pradesh
4. The candidate is a child of
• An employee or a pensioner of the Government of M.P. or an employee of the Government of M.P. who died while in service of the State or an officer of the All India Services born on the cadre of M.P.
• A Central Government employee including employee of Defense Establishments, employee of Post and Telegraph Dept. or the Railways or an employee of a public sector undertaking posted and stationed in M.P. on or before January 1, of the year of examination till the date of admission
• A person settled in M.P. under any resettlement scheme sanctioned by the Government of India or the State Government of M.P.
90% seats in the Government Aided colleges are reserved for Madhya Pradesh candidates, 5% for Outside M.P. candidates and 5% for NRIs. Whereas for Private Self-financing institutes 75% of seats are reserved for M.P. candidates, 20% seats for Outside candidates and 5% seats for NRI candidates.