Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology Combined Entrance Examination acronym as NSIT CEE is also known as Delhi Combined Entrance Examination acronym as Delhi CEE is conducted by Delhi University for admission to First Semester of Bachelor of Engineering Courses for DELHI Region candidates passing from Schools/Colleges/Institutes located within the National Capital Territory of Delhi, and in Delhi College of Engineering (DCE) and Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology (NSIT).
The following courses are offered at the Netaji Subhash Institute of Technology (NSIT)-
• Electronics and Communication Engineering
• Computer Engineering
• Instrumentation and Control Engineering
• Manufacturing process and Automation Engineering
• Information Technology
NSIT CEE Eligibility
Applicant must be at least 17 years of age on or before the 1st October of the year in which he/she seeks admission. However, relaxation in minimum age up to one year only with the approval of the Vice-Chancellor is permissible (Such candidates should apply for relaxation only at the time of admission).
Candidates who are short in minimum age by more than one year are not eligible for admission in any case.
A candidate passing any one of the following examinations from the recognized School/College/ Institute located within the National Capital Territory of Delhi only and securing 60% or more marks in the aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics shall be eligible for admission to the First Semester of Bachelor of Engineering Course provided he/she has passed in each subject separately.
• Senior School Certificate Examination (12 year Course) of the Central Board of Secondary Education (C.B.S.E.), New Delhi.
• Indian School Certificate Examination (12 year Course) of the Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
• B.Sc. (Gen.) Group ‘A’ Final Examination or equivalent examination of the University of Delhi.
• B.Sc. (Hons.) Examination in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics of the University of Delhi with combination of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and equal weightage to the subsidiary subjects or equivalent examination.
• Any other examination recognized as equivalent to the Senior School Certificate Examination of the C.B.S.E. by the University of Delhi.
Relaxation in Marks for Reserved Categories
Candidates belonging to the following categories and applying for seats reserved for them shall be allowed a concession in the minimum eligibility requirements as detailed below:
(i) Scheduled castes (SC) and scheduled tribes (ST)
Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes shall be allowed 10 percent concession of marks in the minimum eligibility requirements.
(ii) Children/war widows of defense personnel/para-military forces/killed/disabled in action
The children and/or widows of personnel of armed/paramilitary forces killed/disabled in action during hostilities who apply for seats reserved for them shall be allowed relaxation of 5 percent marks in the minimum eligibility requirements.
(iii) Physically handicapped
Candidates belonging to the Physically Handicapped category shall be allowed 5 percent concession of marks in the minimum eligibility requirements.
Other Eligibility Conditions
• An applicant who had to leave an Engineering Degree Course and or an equivalent course, after exhausting the permissible number of chances in any other University/Board in India, will not be eligible for admission to Bachelor of Engineering Course.
• Candidates who have appeared in the Annual Examination of the year 2014 and have a compartment will not be eligible for admission for the year 2014.
• Candidates who have appeared in the Annual Examination of the year 2014 and re-appear for the improvement to acquire the eligibility will not be considered for admission for the year 2014.
• Candidates who have passed/appeared in the qualifying examination from Patrachar Vidyalaya or National Institute of Open Schooling will be eligible for admission to Bachelor of Engineering Courses.
• No admission will be made directly to the second or any subsequent semester of the course.
• No change of branch will be permitted after the commencement of the second semester, even if some seats fall vacant in some of the branches during the course of the second semester.
• Those who appear for the above examinations in April/May of the respective year and expect to secure minimum marks as mentioned above can also apply.
• For Delhi Region Candidates 85% of the quota is provided and the admission under remaining 15% quota will be made in DCE and NSIT strictly on All India Merit/Rank obtained in AIEEE.
• The criteria for deciding the region of the candidate for CEE who has passed/appearing in the qualifying examination through Patrachar Vidyalaya Delhi/National Institute of open school, Delhi provided the center of examination was/is located within the National capital territory of Delhi.
• Except for the Nominees of Government of India, as stated later, the admission is open to Indian Nationals only.